Tracheostomy Patient Family Advisory Council
The Tracheostomy Patient and Family Advisory Council works in partnership with Children's Mercy staff members to advocate on behalf of children with tracheostomies and their families. Our members are current and former trach parents who work to build community support, improve the hospital and clinic experience, and support one another throughout their child's trach journey.
Programs and initiatives
- We host an annual Trach Family Day to help families connect, learn and have fun with one another.
- Our Tracheostomy Program T-shirt fundraiser helps support programs and purchases that benefit the trach community, such as a "Simon" training manikin that allows hands-on practice in how to care for a trach.
- We provide a monthly town hall style question and answer session for parents, especially those who are new to the trach journey.
- We also host regular trach parent chat sessions for families to ask questions and share ideas with one another.
For more information on any of these opportunities, contact Kylie Higley.
If you have read through the bylaws and feel like this committee would be a good fit for you, please fill out an application.
Tracheostomy Program Coordinator
Specialist, Patient and Family Engagement, Office of Patient Experience
The Infant Tracheostomy and Home Ventilator Program helps babies who need prolonged ventilator assistance to live at home while still receiving the respiratory support they need.
The Pediatric Tracheostomy and Home Ventilation Clinic at Children’s Mercy brings together all your child’s breathing specialists—pulmonologist, ENT and respiratory therapist—in one place.
Parents Offering Parent Support (POPS)
Children's Mercy offers a program called Parents Offering Parent Support (POPS), a network of trained parent volunteers who mentor other parents through the challenges of their child's health condition. Click the button below to learn more about requesting the support of a mentor or becoming a mentor yourself.
- Family Advisory Board
- Teen Advisory Board
- Accessibility & Rehab PFAC
- Beacon PFAC
- Cardiac PFAC
- Consejo de Familias Latinas y Hispanas
- Cystic Fibrosis PFAC
- Eating Disorders Center PFAC
- Food Allergy PFAC
- Hem-Onc Teen Board
- IBD PFAC
- Kansas PFAC
- Kids KC Advisory Board
- Mental Health PFAC
- NICU PFAC
- Rare PFAC
- Tracheostomy PFAC
- About Us