Food Allergy Patient Family Advisory Council
The Food Allergy Patient Family Advisory Council will work in partnership with the Children’s Mercy Food Allergy Center staff members to advocate on behalf of parents and patients for the best quality of care and research. The council will serve as a resource for parents to provide input on policies and procedures, enhance communication, and expand education for patients and families in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Accomplishments and initiatives
The Council is actively engaged in a number of initiatives to improve the lives of kids with food allergies, including:
- Creating a snack list for outpatient clinics that includes safe options for our food allergic families
- Monitoring menus for food allergy friendly options in Children's Mercy cafeterias, snack shops and inpatient room service
- Hosting educational events in the community to increase education and awareness of food allergies
- Hosting food-allergy friendly cooking classes
- Reviewing and assisting in the development of patient educational materials provided in the Allergy Clinic and on the Children's Mercy website
If you have read through the bylaws and feel like this committee would be a good fit for you, please fill out an application.
Food Allergy PFAC
Specialist, Patient and Family Engagement, Office of Patient Experience
Parents Offering Parent Support (POPS)
Children's Mercy offers a program called Parents Offering Parent Support (POPS), a network of trained parent volunteers who mentor other parents through the challenges of their child's health condition. Click the button below to learn more about requesting the support of a mentor or becoming a mentor yourself.
Food Allergy Center newsletter
Get the latest updates from the Food Allergy Center PFAC team, such as:
- Help and support for parents and caregivers.
- Upcoming educational events.
- New additions to our clinics and services.
- Recipes and research study opportunities.
- Family Advisory Board
- Teen Advisory Board
- Accessibility & Rehab PFAC
- Beacon PFAC
- Cardiac PFAC
- Consejo de Familias Latinas y Hispanas
- Cystic Fibrosis PFAC
- Eating Disorders Center PFAC
- Food Allergy PFAC
- Hem-Onc Teen Board
- IBD PFAC
- Kansas PFAC
- Kids KC Advisory Board
- Mental Health PFAC
- NICU PFAC
- Rare PFAC
- Tracheostomy PFAC
- About Us