Hem-Onc Teen (HOT) Advisory Council
The Hem-Onc Teen (HOT) Advisory Council’s goals are to improve care and support for teen patients getting treatment for cancer or blood disorders.
Become a member
To become a member of HOT, you must:
- Be 13-21 years old.
- Be a current patient getting medical care in hematology, oncology, or BMT.
- Be a member of the Teen Advisory Board (TAB).
- Be vaccinated for COVID and flu.
- Or request exemption every year.
- Have transportation to meeting and activities.
- Be recommended by a Children’s Mercy staff member.
Once you are a member, you must:
- Attend at least 40% of meetings and activities unless excused.
- Be respectful.
- Have good attendance and effort at school.
What are things HOT has helped with?
- Designed the 4 Henson Teen Room and Teen Unit.
- Created educational handouts.
- Updated teen journals.
- Supported many other projects about hospital policies, procedures and resources.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming a member of our Hem/Onc Teen Advisory Council, you are the legal guardian of someone interested, or want to recommend a patient, we ask you to please read our bylaws.
If after reading the bylaws, you feel this is a group you are interested in joining, you may complete our Application and Volunteer Consent forms and send to:
Child Life Manager
Children’s Mercy Hospital
2401 Gillham Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64108
Child Life Manager
Adolescent & Young Adult Program Program Coordinator
Adolescent & Young Adult Program Medical Director
- Family Advisory Board
- Teen Advisory Board
- Accessibility & Rehab PFAC
- Beacon PFAC
- Cardiac PFAC
- Consejo de Familias Latinas y Hispanas
- Cystic Fibrosis PFAC
- Eating Disorders Center PFAC
- Food Allergy PFAC
- Hem-Onc Teen Board
- IBD PFAC
- Kansas PFAC
- Kids KC Advisory Board
- Mental Health PFAC
- NICU PFAC
- Rare PFAC
- Tracheostomy PFAC
- About Us