Teen Advisory Board
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group of teens and young adults who provide valuable input and feedback to Children’s Mercy.
TAB members have personal experience in the health care system and come from different backgrounds and communities.
What do TAB members do?
Members provide patient perspectives on:
- Hospital processes.
- Design and flow of spaces.
- Educational resources for patients and families.
- Voice concerns, ideas and suggestions.
- Share their experiences to help improve the experiences of others.
Become a member
To become a TAB member, you must:
- Be 13-18 years old.
- Be a current or past Children’s Mercy patient.
- Have had your medical condition for at least 1.5 years.
- Have good attendance and effort at school.
- Be recommended by a Children’s Mercy staff member.
View the TAB PFAC bylaws to learn more about our meetings and expectations of members.
Teen Advisory Board Application
Complete our application and volunteer consent forms to apply.
TAB members can apply to become a member of additional teen groups at Children's Mercy:
Child Life Manager
Child Life Director
Adolescent & Young Adult Program Coordinator
- Family Advisory Board
- Teen Advisory Board
- Accessibility & Rehab PFAC
- Beacon PFAC
- Cardiac PFAC
- Consejo de Familias Latinas y Hispanas
- Cystic Fibrosis PFAC
- Eating Disorders Center PFAC
- Food Allergy PFAC
- Hem-Onc Teen Board
- IBD PFAC
- Kansas PFAC
- Kids KC Advisory Board
- Mental Health PFAC
- NICU PFAC
- Rare PFAC
- Tracheostomy PFAC
- About Us