The Developmental and Behavioral Health team at Children’s Mercy helps children and teens with developmental, psychiatric, or psychological needs.
We provide mental, emotional, and behavioral health services that lead to healthier children and stronger families.
What we do
- Assess for:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Eating Disorders
- We have outpatient care for children with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or other eating disorders.
- Learning problems other than dyslexia
- Tourette Syndrome
- We have the only care center designed for children with Tourette Syndrome in the United States.
- Psychological testing for concerns with:
- Thinking, reasoning, and remembering
- Emotions and behaviors
- Social interactions
- Guidance for families with children who have developmental delays or disabilities
- Manage psychiatric medications for children with autism or developmental disabilities.
- Therapy for children with chronic illnesses
The care we give in the Developmental and Behavioral Health program is made possible by the donations of the Robert and Karissa Alumbaugh Family.