We have groups for parents of school-age children with ADHD (6-12 years old) and for preschool children with ADHD or highly suspected to have an ADHD diagnosis (3.5- 5 years old).
These groups are currently being offered virtually via Microsoft Teams for parents only. The group lasts for 90 minutes and meets once a week for 8 weeks (currently offered from 9:00 - 10:30 am and 1:00 – 2:30 pm).
It is important to know that each session will build on information from the previous sessions, so attendance at each session will be important to get everything out of the group. It is also important to know that participation for these groups requires implementation of strategies discussed, as well as open discussion about progress and barriers as the weeks go on.
- Understanding ADHD and treatments that work
- Principles to guide the effective management of ADHD
- Using positive attention to promote desired behaviors
- Promoting child compliance to instructions and rules
- Helping children regulate their emotions
- Working with teachers to address problems in the classroom
- The appropriate role of punishment in managing ADHD-related behaviors
- Managing child behavior in public places
- Maintaining positive change over time