Autism and Developmental Disorder Medical Clinic
The Autism and Developmental Disorder Medical Clinic serves children with an existing diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or other developmental disorders who need specialized medical care.
Children with ASD and other developmental disorders often have medical conditions that occur alongside their developmental disorder. These can include anxiety, ADHD, sleep concerns, eating issues and certain genetic conditions.
Our clinic is staffed by doctors and nurse practitioners who specialize in developmental-behavioral pediatrics and neurodevelopmental disabilities. Some children need medication management from our clinic team, while others may visit us for a medication consultation and then receive follow-up care from their primary care provider.
Conditions we treat
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Developmental disorders.
- Intellectual disability.
- Attention or developmental difficulties in children with chronic medical and inherited conditions.
Services we offer
- Medication consultation.
- Ongoing medication management for medical conditions that occur alongside ASD, developmental disorder, intellectual disability, and attention or developmental difficulties in children with chronic medical and inherited conditions.
- Recommendations for evaluations for other medical conditions (genetics, sleep problems, and others).
What to expect
Your first visit
Most families will have their first appointment with us by telehealth (online). This appointment is usually one to two hours long. We look forward to meeting your child at this visit. Your child will be expected to be present for the appointment and participate as they are able.
We will send you a packet of forms to fill out before your first appointment, some of which will be electronic, and others paper. These are very helpful to us in getting a better understanding of your child’s history, what medications or treatments you may have already tried, and your child’s current strengths and challenges at home and school. Please complete these forms before the initial visit.
We will typically schedule a follow-up visit with you about one month after the initial appointment in the clinic, and as needed after that.
- Autism Clinic
- Autism Evaluation Process
- What to Expect at the Autism Clinic
- Next Steps After Diagnosis
- Autism and Developmental Disorder Medical Clinic
- Upcoming Live Events
- Recorded Trainings
- Sesiones de entrenamiento grabadas en español
- RUBI Autism Parent Coaching Program
- Developmental and Behavioral Health Team
- Developmental and Behavioral Health