If your teenager is struggling with depression and/or anxiety, our intake team can help determine if treatment through the Depression and Anxiety in Youth (DAY) Clinic is a good fit. This evidence-based clinic specializes in treating adolescents who:
- Are 12-17 years old
- Have (or are suspected to have) depression
- Have (or are suspected to have) anxiety
Expert care, based on evidence
In the DAY Clinic, experts from psychology, psychiatry, social work and nursing collaborate to lessen patients’ symptoms and strengthen their coping skills. The clinic is co-led by Clinical Psychologist Sarah Beals-Erickson, PhD, and Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Dr. Ram Chettiar. At the clinic, your teenager will experience:
- Team-based, collaborative care using proven methods, including: CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy), and mindfulness approaches
- Outpatient, medium-term treatment: Your adolescent will be seen for visits in our clinic with a frequency to suit their individual needs and with a goal of symptom improvement and stability over the span of 9-12 months.
- Group and individual therapy
- Medication management
Thoughtful, coordinated plans to transition patients to long-term support from their primary care physicians and/or other mental health providers after clinic graduation.