Location: Children’s Mercy Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinic
Assignment: PFAC member
Days/Hours: Bi-Monthly meeting alternating Friday evening or Saturday morning
Organization: Children’s Mercy Family Advisory Board serves as the Oversight Group
Vision: To co-produce the highest level of care for the pediatric IBD patients and families at Children’s Mercy
Mission: Families and IBD health care providers working together to improve outcomes and create exceptional service.
- Act as an advisory resource to the IBD health care providers.
- Serve a minimum of a 2 year term.
- Attend all PFAC meetings.
- Provide patient and family perspective on policies, procedures, and practices of the IBD program.
- Represent all Children’s Mercy IBD families.
- Serve as an advocate for Children’s Mercy and Children’s Mercy IBD Clinic.
- Maintain confidentiality of any sensitive information shared during meetings.
- Be an active participant in online conversations and in person meetings.
- Be willing to aid in additional project work, when possible.
- Complete all necessary requirements to serve as a IBD PFAC volunteer (including application, background check, and yearly online training).
- A parent or caregiver of a child who receives services in the IBD clinic of CMH or of a child who has transferred to adult care within the last 2 years.
- Ability and commitment to attend PFAC meetings.
- Maintain an open mind regarding the values, opinions and beliefs of others.
- Ability to share both positive and negative experiences in a constructive way.
- Strong desire and passion to help fulfill the mission and vision of the PFAC.
- Comply with CMH policies regarding confidentiality and HIPAA.