Members of the Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine team are active locally, regionally and nationally in administrative service to the health care community.
Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine is represented on more than 30 standing committees within Children’s Mercy and the University of Missouri – Kansas City.
We have representatives on three statewide committees, the Missouri Sleep Society, the Rare Disease Advisory Council which provides recommendations to Missouri HealthNet, and Missouri Maternal-Child Learning and Action Network.
Finally, team members have leadership positions with 25 national committees, representing the following organizations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Thoracic Society
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Lung Association
- Children’s Hospital Neonatal Consortium
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Gilead Sciences
- US News and World Report Pulmonology Working Group
- Wake Up Narcolepsy