Sleep Medicine Fellowship
The Sleep Fellowship Program at Children’s Mercy Hospital is one of a select few programs in the country that provides pediatric-focused sleep medicine training. This one-year training program is ACGME-approved, and while the program provides sleep medicine training across the entire age spectrum, there is a particular emphasis on pediatrics, with the majority of training taking place at our children’s hospital. Fellows receive their adult training at the University of Kansas and University Health. Our mission is to develop leaders in the clinical, scholarly, and educational arenas of pediatric sleep medicine.
Salaries and benefits
- PGY 4: $73,104.03
- PGY 5: $74,983.71
- PGY 6: $77,302.28
- PGY 7: $79,636.38
- PGY 8: $83,262.40
- PGY 9: $85,342.40
- PGY 10: $87,049.25
Benefits for fellows
- $1,500 Educational stipend per academic year for books, travel and other educational materials
- $2,250 Professional stipend for academic year to present scholarly activity
- Health and dental insurance for trainee and dependents with no premiums
- Hospital-issued iPad
- Free parking
- Moving allowance
- 20 days of vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid board exam
- Access to clinical and research librarians, statisticians, scientific writers and learning specialists
- Tuition allowance of $5,250 per year
- On-site fitness center and wellness center
Learn more about the curriculum, including didactics, courses, and workshops.
Learn about the quality and extent of hands-on experience offered through the Sleep Medicine fellowship.
Faculty and fellows
Meet the team of fellows and faculty for the Sleep Medicine Fellowship.
Apply for the program
Prospective candidates should apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The program also participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). We accept one fellow each year.
Learn more about the application process.
Our Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship team
Baha Al-Shawwa, MD
David Ingram, MD
Associate Program Director
Megan Smith, MSE