Support for ALL CMKC team members
Children’s Mercy has robust programs that serve to create an environment of wellbeing and foster joy in the workplace. The CMKC Center for Wellbeing is responsible for strategic approaches to address health care workers’ wellbeing through developing and supporting workplace improvement projects, partnering to create a culture of wellbeing and belonging, and promoting personalized resilience to ensure team members have the resources they need to flourish in the workplace.
Center for Wellbeing initiatives include:
- Elevating meaningful work in tandem with reducing non-meaningful work.
- Improving a sense of community among team members.
- Analyzing impacts of moral distress and burnout.
- Integrating a culture of wellbeing and belonging through enterprise-wide engagement.
- Support for distressed staff after unexpected difficult experiences at work or home.
- Brief crisis intervention.
- Community referrals for mental health and other support services.
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction classes and daily Mindful Moments to help develop healthy coping skills.
- Dedicated support for residents, fellows and other staff members in training.
- Comforting visits from our facility dogs.
- Support for leaders serving distressed staff.