Children's Mercy continues transforming children's lives and redefining pediatric medicine.
We are the only free-standing children's hospital between St. Louis and Denver and provide comprehensive care for patients from birth to 21. Children's Mercy consistently is ranked among the leading children's hospitals in the nation. We were the first hospital in Missouri or Kansas to earn the prestigious Magnet designation for excellence in patient care from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Medical staff of more than 700 pediatric specialists
- More than 40 pediatric specialties
- First hospital in Missouri or Kansas to receive Magnet designation in 2003 from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for superior nursing quality
- First hospital in the region to receive redesignation in 2007 and again in 2012
Learn more »
- More than 100 physician scientists, basic scientists, nurses, fellows and residents involved in research projects, representing millions of dollars in multi-year awards
- Co-leading the largest nephrology research project in North America
- More than 140 clinical trials on-going at any one time
- The largest Clinical Pharmacology program in North American and one of 13 designated Pediatric Pharmacology Research Units studying the safety of new medications for use by children
- The Center for Pediatric Genomic Medicine, established in 2011 as the first genome center in the world entirely inside a children’s hospital with a focus on the diagnosis of inherited pediatric diseases. One of the 10 leading institutions in the Kansas City Area Life Sciences Institute, which also includes the University of Kansas, Midwest Research Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City and the Stowers Institute.
Learn more »