Spine consultations leading to a treatment plan
During your child’s appointment, we will do a thorough evaluation, including X-ray images of their spine as well as hand and elbow X-rays to determine their bone age. A bone age X-ray helps to determine the risk of progression of the spinal curve. is how close they are to reaching skeletal maturity.
At the conclusion of that appointment, you will leave with a diagnosis, a plan for treatment and follow-up care. Follow-up appointments are available at Children's Mercy Adele Hall, Children's Mercy Hospital Kansas and Children's Mercy Northland.
The day of your consultation
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow for the check-in process. If you arrive late, your appointment may be delayed or rescheduled. Please call us at (816) 234-3075 if you are running late.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please provide 24 hour notice so we may provide that clinic appointment to another family.
Items to bring to your appointment:
- Appointment information (provider’s name, appointment time, location of appointment)
- Insurance information and cards
- List of medications and doses that your child take
- Copies of all medical records related to the reason for your appointment:
- Radiology films on a disc. We do have the ability to have images clouded to our facility, however please call the clinic ahead of time if that is needed in order to avoid delays on the day of appointment.
- We may still need to obtain new x-rays on your visit if deemed necessary by the provider.
- A parent or legal guardian must be present for the first evaluation. If you are a legal guardian, please bring proof of guardianship.
- A list of concerns or questions so you can make the most of the time with your provider