Children's Mercy Northland is home to more than 20 specialty clinics, including the Children's Mercy Tourette's Syndrome Center of Excellence. Urgent care is open seven days a week for your convenience.
We also provide medical imaging and laboratory services with a provider's order (not a part of urgent care).
Urgent Care or Emergency Room?
When your child is sick or hurt, it can be hard to decide where to take them. View a chart that shows if you should think about the Emergency Room or Urgent Care.
Select how you want to receive care for urgent needs
Telehealth (online) visits
Is telehealth right for my visit today?
Telehealth visits allow your child to be cared for from the comfort of your own home.
- After you sign up for a telehealth visit, you will receive a confirmation text message from Children's Mercy.
- Then you will receive a phone call to be registered for your visit.
Telehealth visits are available:
- Every day: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For in-person visits, patients can schedule an appointment online using Save My Spot, or walk-in to one of our three locations. Walk-in appointments are available until 7 p.m. every day.
To minimize waiting, patients are encouraged to use Save My Spot. Here’s how:
- Choose the location closest to you.
- Select a time that works best.
- Complete a short form, and you’re in line.
- We can even send text message reminders as your scheduled appointment draws near.
Children with serious or life-threatening injuries or illnesses should be taken directly to the emergency room, or call 911.
Non-urgent care services available at Children's Mercy Northland
Children’s Mercy is home to more pediatric specialists than any other health system in the region. Many specialists can be visited at Children’s Mercy Northland through these outpatient clinics:
- Developmental (Tourette’s)
- Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Enuresis (Nephrology)
- General Surgery
- Hearing and Speech
- Individualized Pediatrics
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Teen Clinic
- Therapeutics Clinic
Our Northland location offers bone and joint imaging and ultrasound. Walk-in X-ray services are available during business hours, with an order from a provider.
Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Weekends: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.