Having a child in the hospital can be physically and emotionally stressful. Exercise can improve physical health, sleep, mood and lower stress. The Parent Exercise Room gives parents and caregivers a place to exercise without being far from their child.
The Parent Exercise Room is located on the Ground Floor of the Adele Hall Campus, across from the Kreamer Resource Center for Families.
Who can use the Parent Exercise Room?
- Adult caregivers (18 years or older) of inpatients.
What is available in the Parent Exercise Room:
- Stationary bike
- Area for yoga or free weights
- Water fountain
- Cubbies for personal items
When can you use the Parent Exercise Room?
- Varied hours Monday – Saturday
- For specific hours, call the Kreamer Resource Center for Families at (816) 234-3900 (or dial 53900 from a phone in the hospital).
- Each caregiver can use the Parent Exercise Room up to 45 minutes each day.
When using the Parent Exercise Room:
- You must check-in and sign a waiver in the Kreamer Resource Center for Families before you use the exercise room.
- One caregiver (or family) at a time in the exercise room.
- You will need to wash your hands before and after using the exercise room.
- You may not wear flip flops or sandals when using the exercise equipment.
*The Parent Exercise Room is not supervised in-person by a Children’s Mercy staff member. Please do not use the room if you are sick.