Skip to main content


Helpful tips for transition


  • Practice three sentences that describe your health condition. 

  • Carry the names and phone numbers of your doctors, medical conditions, medicines and allergies with you. MyHealth Passport, a resource that can help you keep all of this information in one place, can be found on pages 13-15 of the All About Me booklet.

  • If you have very complex medical needs, ask your doctor to fill out a Pediatric Emergency Form that you can use if you need urgent or emergency care from someone other than your regular doctor.

  • If you need more information about your specific medical condition, ask your medical team or go to the webpage for the Children's Mercy clinic where you are seen.

  • Parents Offering Parent Support (POPS) is a network of parent volunteers who mentor other parents through the challenges of their child's health condition.

"All About Me"

"All About Me" is a booklet of tips and tools to help you prepare to transition to adult health care. You can download the booklet or ask for a copy from your doctor.

Video resources



Community resources

Learn about community resources in your area. United Way has information about a variety of services. Call (816) 474-5112 or 2-1-1 on your phone, or visit their website.


Other resources

Take a look at these helpful websites for more information about preparing for transition: