Our program focuses on all aspects of pediatric urology, from surgical care to long-term follow-up support. Patients with urinary- and genital-tract diseases have access to full diagnostic and therapeutic services through the Children's Mercy urologic surgery program. We use minimally invasive surgery approaches to reduce recovery time and scarring patients experience after surgery.
Our staff manages complex congenital anomalies that require extensive training and experience to achieve successful outcomes. Many of these patients require specialized radiographic exams, which the Children's Mercy Radiology staff has experience handling.
Our GUIDE Clinic provides dedicated care for patients with disorders of sexual differentiation. Patients with voiding dysfunction, a common bladder-control issue, receive dedicated care through our DUCK clinic. We take a team approach to treating complex urologic problems, ensuring all patients have access to the best care possible.
- Our program is nationally recognized for excellence by U.S. News & World Report.
- Patients benefit from an emphasis on minimally invasive surgical techniques, which reduces discomfort, scarring, and recovery time.
- Research through randomized prospective trials is leading to better surgical treatment for patients with urologic conditions.
- Our staff takes a team approach to treating complex urologic problems, ensuring all patients have access to the best, most convenient care possible.
- We provide convenient access to pediatric urology care through several outreach clinic locations.