Preparing for Your Visit
Updated: February 8, 2023
Thank you for choosing Children’s Mercy.
Masks are required for everyone
Masks are still required for all visitors 2 years of age and older. Our community is experiencing an unprecedented number of RSV and influenza cases for this time of year. Masking will help prevent the spread of respiratory viral infections.
We will continue to monitor government guidance regarding masking at health care facilities and communicate changes as needed.
Important parking information at Adele Hall (Downtown location)
You may have noticed ongoing improvements to our Adele Hall visitor garage, which will likely stretch into mid-summer. We expect minimal disruption upon your visit, but do recommend you arrive a few minutes early to ensure you arrive at your appointment on time. Family parking is usually readily available on the lower levels of the garage.
We’re confident these changes will improve our overall guest experience. Thank you!
What to do before your appointment(s)
- For a faster check-in experience, it’s important that you complete pre-registration. If you have not already pre-registered, please do so now.
- Verify your insurance includes Children’s Mercy as an in-network provider by visiting choosechildrensmercy.org.
- Upload a copy of your insurance card to Patient Portal; if you are not enrolled in Patient Portal, bring your card to the visit.
- Our visitor guidelines provide details of who can attend appointments with the child based on the health of our community. See all the details of our visitor guidelines. If restrictions pose a concern, please call (816) 234-3670 for assistance.
- Double check the location of your appointment and make sure you’re using the correct address if you use your mobile device for directions. Addresses can be found on our Locations page.
What to bring with you to your appointment(s)
- Driver's license or photo ID
- Medical and pharmacy insurance card(s)
- Mask for you and the patient over the age of 2 (if you don’t have a mask, one will be provided)
- Form of payment to pay requested deposit
Items that are not allowed (prohibited)
Items include, but are not limited to:
- Firearms or ammunition (concealed or unconcealed)
- Knives, scissors, razor blades or other sharp objects
- Mace, pepper spray
- Alcohol, drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Flammable liquids or any type of explosives/projectiles
- Impact weapons such as batons, brass knuckles, nunchucks, blackjacks, clubs, etc.
Additional information and resources
- If your child or the adult joining for the appointment have respiratory symptoms, a fever, or exposure to COVID-19, please do not come to your appointment.
- You can reschedule by calling (816) 234-3700.
- For the most up-to-date information on visitor restrictions, universal masking guidelines and health screening upon arrival, see our visitor guidelines.
- For information on payment plans, billing or to see if you are eligible for financial programs, view our information about billing.
- If you have additional questions, please give us a call so we may assist.
- Pre-Registration: (913) 696-5003. For updates to insurance or demographic information.
- Financial Assistance: (816) 234-3567. For concerns regarding payment for the visit.
- For specific questions regarding your visit or the provider, please call the clinic you are visiting.