Skip to main content

Lab Services

The Take CARE Employee Clinic and Pharmacy provides lab services.

Anytime your provider recommends lab work, collections will be made within your care suite at the time of your appointment. From throat swabs to urinalysis to blood draws, you’ll appreciate the convenience and privacy of the laboratory services.

Lab tests that are not able to be processed at the onsite laboratory will be sent to Quest Laboratories. Lab work will not be sent to a Children's Mercy lab.

Payment for Lab Services


  • If you are a member of a Children's Mercy medical plan:

    • There is no cost for lab work associated with preventive care.

    • Routine lab work will be covered by your $10 co-pay.

    • If your non-routine lab work is sent to Quest for processing, Quest will file a claim with Cigna on your behalf. When the claim is processed, you will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) reporting the amount you owe, if anything. If you owe, the amount due will automatically be paid by your Health Account. If you do not have any money in your Health Account, you will be billed by Quest for the balance due, just as you are when you see a community provider. If you have met your deductible, you will pay 10 percent, and your Children’s Mercy medical plan will pay the remaining 90 percent.

  • If you’re not in a Children's Mercy medical plan and your lab work is sent to Quest, you’ll receive a separate bill from Quest and will need to file your own claim.

If you have any questions, email