The Employee Wellness Center’s behavioral health professionals provide counseling for matters such as anxiety, stress, mild depression, and family and marital difficulties.
You and your spouse and adult dependents ages 18 through 26 are eligible to receive behavioral health services at the Employee Wellness Center. You do not need to be an Employee Wellness Center patient, and referrals are not required. You can self-refer.
In-person and virtual behavioral health visits are available during normal office hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays, and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Fridays. (You must live in Kansas or Missouri for virtual visits.)
Behavioral health professionals
You’ll be in good hands with the Employee Wellness Center’s master’s-prepared behavioral health professionals: a licensed marriage family therapist and licensed professional counselor.
Scheduling an appointment
- If you’re experiencing stress, relationship issues, depression or any other behavioral health issue, use the Patient Portal to schedule a visit with a behavioral health professional or call the Employee Wellness Center at (816) 412-2355. If the Employee Wellness Center is your medical home, your primary care provider may recommend you seek behavioral health therapy.
- Please note that behavioral health visits at the Employee Wellness Center are not considered Employee Assistance Program (EAP) visits.
Visits, cost of services
- If you’re enrolled in a Children’s Mercy Blue or Gold medical plan, you’ll pay just $10 per a 50-minute behavioral health services visit at the Employee Wellness Center. If you’re enrolled in the Children’s Mercy Green plan, you’ll pay $55 per visit.
- If you’re not enrolled in a Children’s Mercy medical plan, you’ll pay $80 per visit.
- Unlike EAP counseling, which is limited to five free visits, your Employee Wellness Center behavioral health professional will determine the number of visits available to you based on medical necessity.
If you have questions about the Employee Wellness Center’s behavioral health services, please call (816) 412-2355.