Members of the Division of Neurology at Children's Mercy
Hospitals and Clinics are involved in several research areas and
have both active and pending studies covering a wide range of
neurological and neuro-genetic syndromes.
Areas of activity include:
- Evaluation and treatment of children with possible brain damage or neurodevelopmental disorders due to excessive newborn jaundice, including kernicterus and BIN (bilirubin-induced brain disorders).
- Treatment of headache with non-drug therapies to alleviate
- Evaluation of the ketogenic diet and quality of life in
children with intractable epilepsy.
- Evaluation of developmental abnormalities and the ketogenic
diet in the treatment of intractable epilepsy using the application
of the microarray comparative genomic hybridization technique.
- Evaluation of neuro-imaging trends in clinical practice.
- Feasibility of open-access scheduling in the outpatient child