For all appointments and clinic visits, please bring:
- Your wallet or purse, with:
- A photo ID for all accompanying adults (anyone age 17 or older).
- Your insurance or Medicaid card.
- Your preferred payment method for your co-pay.
- Important medical information, such as:
- Your questions for the care provider.
- Your child's medications, either in the original containers or a complete list of names and dosages.
- Your child's immunization (shot) records.
- Any recent lab tests, X-rays or other reports not done at Children's Mercy.
- Legal documentation of guardianship if someone other than a parent is the guardian.
- Comfort and care items (please make sure these are new or freshly washed/cleaned):
- A few favorite toys, books or magazines.
- A blanket or cuddly, soft toy.
- For babies and toddlers: diapers, bottles/formula, pacifiers.
If you're coming for surgery, bring the items listed above, plus:
- Freshly washed, comfortable clothes or pajamas for your child to wear before and after surgery.
- Chargers for your electronic devices.
- Small bills or change for vending machines (some accept credit/debit cards).
If you're staying overnight, bring the items on both lists above, plus:
- Freshly washed clothing, pajamas and shoes for yourself and your child.
- Toiletries and hair care items.
- Glasses or contact lens supplies.