Viral testing update
Notice: As of February 2023, we are no longer testing for Flu or RSV at our urgent care locations.
We recommend you use Save My Spot to get a place in line before you arrive to help minimize your wait time.
We continue to make adjustments to our service to meet the needs of both our patients and staff. We appreciate your patience as we work to see as many patients as possible each day.
Urgent Care or Emergency Room?
When your child is sick or hurt, it can be hard to decide where to take them. View a chart that shows if you should think about the Emergency Room or Urgent Care.
Download the Children's Mercy app
Quickly save your spot for virtual (online) or in-person urgent care services by downloading the Children's Mercy app:
Google Play or the App Store
Select how you want to receive care for urgent needs
Telehealth (online) visits
Is telehealth right for my visit today?
Telehealth visits allow your child to be cared for from the comfort of your own home.
- After you sign up for a telehealth visit, you will receive a confirmation text message from Children's Mercy.
- Then you will receive a phone call to be registered for your visit.
Telehealth visits are available:
- Every day: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For in-person visits, patients can schedule an appointment online using Save My Spot, or walk-in to one of our three locations. Walk-in appointments are available until 7 p.m. every day.
To minimize waiting, patients are encouraged to use Save My Spot. Here’s how:
- Choose the location closest to you.
- Select a time that works best.
- Complete a short form, and you’re in line.
- We can even send text message reminders as your scheduled appointment draws near.
Children with serious or life-threatening injuries or illnesses should be taken directly to the emergency room, or call 911.
With locations across the Kansas City metro area, you can choose a location near you for convenient access and extended hours.
Children's Mercy Blue Valley
6750 West 135th Street
Overland Park, KS 66223
Get directions to Blue Valley location.
Children's Mercy East
20300 East Valley View Parkway
Independence, MO 64057
Get directions to East location.
Children's Mercy Northland
501 N.W. Barry Road
Kansas City, MO 64155
Get directions to Northland location.
When your child is sick or hurt and needs care quickly, trust the pediatric specialists at Children’s Mercy urgent care centers to be there for your family.
From the kid-friendly rooms to equipment designed for all sizes of children, Children’s Mercy urgent care centers are designed to meet the unique needs of your child. We offer:
- Staff who specialize in working with children and helping them feel at ease.
- Imaging procedures that use 80 percent less radiation than typical imaging.
- Onsite lab testing.
- Pain control and comfort measures designed by our Child Life specialists.
- Close relationships with many local pediatric providers through the Children’s Mercy Health Network.
Meet the team from Children's Mercy urgent care to learn more about our pediatric providers.
Urgent care services are intended to complement the care provided by your child’s primary care doctor for patients under the age of 18. Urgent care provides care for children with minor injuries or illnesses that are not considered life threatening but require prompt attention. Children with serious or life-threatening injuries or illnesses should be taken directly to the emergency room, or call 911.
Common conditions treated:
- Asthma attack (minor)
- Broken bone (not bent)
- Burn (minor)
- Cut (minor)
- Earache and ear infection
- Fever (children over 2 months old)
- Head injury (no loss of consciousness, minor impact)
- Insect or minor dog bite
- Pink eye
- Sore throat
- Sprain or strain
- Stitches (from minor cut)
- Stomach pain (mild)
- Urinary infection
If you have a health plan and want to determine whether Children’s Mercy is an in-network provider, a list of insurance plans is available.
Download the Children’s Mercy app to find the nearest urgent care location and save your spot in line, all without leaving the comfort of your own home.
The Children’s Mercy app makes the living room your waiting room so your child can rest at home until it’s time to come in. We’ll text you when it’s your turn to head in for your scheduled time.
Look for the Children's Mercy icon in your app store: