While waiting for the results, please follow the below instructions:
- Call your child’s primary care provider with any concerns about your child’s symptoms or health.
- Keep your child at home at all times. Do not take them to school, daycare, outside events or other homes.
- Limit visitors to your home. This is very important to help prevent spread of disease until you get a negative test.
- Practice good hand washing. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Avoid touching your
eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean all “high touch” surfaces every day. This includes bathroom fixtures, doorknobs, phones, keyboards and bedside tables. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe according to label instructions.
- Avoid sharing utensils, foods and drinks.
- Have children two years of age and older and their close contacts wear a mask, this will help to prevent spread of the illness.
- If you or anyone else in your home has cough, fever, or shortness of breath, please call your health care provider.
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Motrin (ibuprofen) should be used for fever control.
Important: If your child is waiting for COVID-19 test results or tests positive for COVID-19 and has an in-person appointment scheduled with any health care provider, please call that provider to determine whether the appointment needs to be rescheduled.