Liver Transplant Resources
When you first meet with your Liver Transplant Coordinator to discuss transplant evaluation, you will be provided with the following resources. We know that families like to share these resources with friends and family involved with their child’s care. We invite you to share these links and revisit these topics as you like.
United Network for Sharing Organs (UNOS) is a non-profit, charitable organization that manages the nation’s organ transplant system under contract with the federal government.
- Frequently asked questions
- Organ Transplants - What Every Kid Needs to Know (PDF): This booklet has been created by UNOS to help children and their families feel more at ease with the organ transplant process. This resource provides general information in a child-friendly format.
- Preguntas y respuestaspara los candidatos a trasplantes sobre el sistemade asignaciónde hígados (PDF): Spanish resource that helps answer questions related to how donated livers are paired with recipients, both kids and adults.
- Blood Test: Liver Function Tests (LFTs)
- Blood Test: Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase (GGT)
- Blood Test: Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT)
- Blood Test: Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST)
- Blood Test: Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP)
- Blood Test: Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- All about your liver, for kids
- A to Z: Cholangitis
- A to Z: Jaundice
- When Your Child Needs a Liver Transplant
- Words to know related to transplant