The Elizabeth J. Ferrell Fetal Health Center at Children's Mercy Kansas City, developed and offered in collaboration with the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, provides integrated care for selected high-risk pregnancies.
Fetal Health Center Staff
The Fetal Health Center offers integrated consultative services with maternal/fetal medicine specialists, and pediatric specialists prior to delivery. On-site delivery services are available for high-risk infants with congenital conditions, providing immediate access to our Level IV neonatal and pediatric subspecialty care.
Learn more about our staff.
Fetal Health Center Programs
Our ultimate goal is to provide family-centered, integrated, holistic services for families experiencing fetal care needs. These services include Special Delivery Care, the Perinatal Clinic, Fetal Surgery, the Fetal Cardiac Clinic, and our Integrated Consultation Services.
- Patients receive outstanding clinical support with a level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery.
- Experienced nurse coordinators provide a single point of contact to provide patients and families with resources and follow-up support.
- Our staff has developed evidence-based guidelines for high-level clinical care and has provided support and mentorship to other developing programs.
- The Fetal Health Center is one of only a few centers in the U.S. to offer comprehensive care for high-risk babies and access to clinical support to mothers if needed.
- Mothers have access to postpartum care from a dedicated nurse practitioner.