Guardians needing access
If the young adult is not able to give consent, they will not be permitted to have access to the patient portal. The legal guardianship can register to access the patient portal.
Fill out a physical copy of the Authorization for Participation in MyChildrensMercy Patient Portal form. You can get the form by:
- Downloading the form:
- Picking one up in person.
- Calling (816) 234-3455 to have a form sent by email, fax, or mail.
If the parent is completing the form on behalf of the patient, the parent will need to include a copy of legal documentation with the application stating that you are the court appointed guardian of the patient.
Provide a copy of the court documents establishing guardianship to the Health Information Management department.
You may return the form one of the following ways:
- Email them to ROI@cmh.edu
- Fax them to (816) 701-4034 or
- Mail them to Children's Mercy Health Information Management, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108
The patient portal will be reactivated when guardianship is confirmed.
- You will receive an email invitation to the patient portal when the forms are processed. You must accept the invitation. The email usually comes to you in 24 business hours.
- The email link will expire in 90 days. Please check your email to activate your access.