Interested in a rotation at Children's Mercy? Please complete this Elective Request Form (link works best in Google Chrome) to apply for a clinical elective rotation at Children's Mercy Hospital. The deadline for application is April 15 for rotations during the months of July to December and July 31 for rotations from January to June. When making your request, please keep in mind we do not approve 2 week rotations, only 4 week or month long blocks. An Affiliation agreement and/or program letter of agreement between sponsoring institution and Children's Mercy Hospital must exist before a resident can participate in a rotation at Children's Mercy.
All Resident/Fellow Physicians from outside institutions who wish to rotate at Children's Mercy must submit the following documents through our data management system, New Innovations 60 days prior to their scheduled rotation.
- Visiting Resident Application
- Health Form with copy of immunization records, including current TB and Flu vaccine
- Copy of Life Support Certification (BLS and PALS for ER and PICU rotations; BLS and NRP for University Health NICU rotation; and BLS for all other rotations)
- Valid contiguous, temporary or permanent Missouri medical license
- Valid BNDD Certificate
- CMH DEA Suffix Request Form
- Proof of liability coverage
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate for International Medical School Graduates