Studies have shown that 80 percent of car seats are used incorrectly, which increases the chance of a child being seriously injured or killed in a crash. To inspect and demonstrate proper car seat installation, Children’s Mercy, as the lead agency for Safe Kids Greater Kansas City, now offers community Buckle Up Clinics.
The Buckle Up Clinics are offered twice each month and by appointment only. Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians will be available to inspect your car seat installation(s) and make necessary adjustments for a safe ride home. If you have an unsafe car seat or need a car seat, resources may be provided.
Dates, times and locations:
Second Tuesday of every month:
Fourth Tuesday of every month:
- Starting 9:30 a.m.
- Various locations throughout Clay, Platte, Jackson counties in Missouri and Wyandotte County in Kansas
- Please schedule a time through this scheduling form
- We are experiencing a high volume of appointments, if there is not a time available at one of our clinics please visit www.nhtsa.gov and type in your zip code to find help near you.
- For further assistance, please call (816) 234-1607, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
When attending an event, please have the following:
- Your child(ren), unless unborn
- Your vehicle
- Your car seat and vehicle owner’s manuals
FYI: If Kansas City MO Public Schools cancel because of weather, the Buckle Up Clinics will be cancelled also.