Give the gift of comfort when patients and families need it most.
Most trips to Children’s Mercy are unplanned and unexpected. This means patients and families arrive without essentials including clothes, toiletries and other comforts of home. And, when a family arrives, they don’t always know when they’ll leave.
That’s where generous supporters like you come in.
Contributions of clothes, toiletries, toys, new books and other needed items can make a family’s hospital stay just a bit easier, relieving stress and allowing them to focus on what matters most — helping their child heal.
Learn about our most-needed items and how to drop off your donation.
Fill a Need
Ready to help but not sure what to donate? Or, just want to know what our patients and families are wishing for most? Community members like you can give comfort to children and their families by contributing items from our wish list.
Choose from our most-needed items below or download and print our current wish list to distribute to friends and family:
- Traditional playing cards
- Phase 10
- Skip Bo
- Travel-sized games (Pocket Solitaire, Simon Says, Bop-It, Catch Phrase, Yahtzee, Magic 8 Ball, Connect 4, 20 Questions)
- Ear buds/headphones
- Teething Rings
- Infant Links
- Stacking Toys
- Toys that light up and make noise
- Shape Sorters
- Little People (figures, animals and playsets)
- Board Books
- Action Figures
- Star Wars
- Ninja Turtles
- My Little Pony
- Micro LEGO sets (for teens)
- Small original LEGO sets
- Plastic animals (dinosaurs, jungle, farm, etc.)
- Adult coloring books
- Crossword, word search, Sudoku and Mad Libs books
- Artist pencils, colored pencils and sketchbooks
- Canvases and canvas panels
- Paintbrushes (watercolor, acrylic)
- Model Magic
- Play-Doh (Play-Doh brand only; individual cans or 4-packs)
- Character stickers (Marvel, Disney, Star Wars, Trolls, Princesses, etc.)
- Sports team apparel and accessories (Sporting KC, Royals, Chiefs, college)
- Fun socks for teens
- Accessories for teens (wallets, watches, keychains, lanyards)
Plan a Drop Off
Give Wisely: Safe Donation Guidelines
To protect the health and safety of all those in our facilities — kids, parents and care providers — there are a few guidelines you should know about before dropping off your generous donations:
- Distribution: Donations will be distributed by hospital staff and volunteers; donors may not give out their own items.
- Safety: Help us keep our patients safe by only donating items that are non-toxic, non-violent and do not contain latex.
- Condition: Donations must be brand new, in original packaging, with tags attached and odor-free.
- Affiliation: Because Children’s Mercy is non-denominational, we ask all donors to respect the beliefs of our patients by not including religious gifts.
- Toys: All stuffed animal donations must be new with tags attached and never have been stored or displayed for any length of time. We cannot accept Nerf guns, spray guns, water guns, pop ball guns, swords, bows and arrows or toy knives.
- Clothing: Clothing donations must be new with tags still in place.
- Reading Materials: Reading materials must be new and in good condition. We are unable to accept any textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries and used activity books.
Thank you for your help keeping our patients and families safe!
A Proud History of Generosity
Have Questions About Donating Goods to Children's Mercy?
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Organize a Drive!
Inspire your own community to come together to support the kids at Children’s Mercy. By collecting goods needed most by our patients, you can provide comfort, care and a little bit of fun during their stay.