Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients with common clinical conditions when high-quality national or international guidelines are available to inform recommendations. Additional review of scientific literature is often included. A multidisciplinary committee of subject matter experts and key stakeholders systematically reviews the guidelines and any additional literature to develop standard processes and clinical recommendations.
The Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA) synopsis provides a high level overview of the care standards employed for this CPG.
Algorithms associated with this CPG for viewing on a smartphone or computer:
Algorithms associated with this CPG for viewing as a PDF:
- Known diabetes mellitus.
- Concern for new-onset diabetes mellitus.
Team members involved in the development:
- R. McDonough, DO | Endocrinology | Committee co-chair
- T. Musick, DO | Endocrinology | Committee co-chair
- T. Barnett, MD | Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- C. Cunningham, RN, MSN, CPN | Emergency Nursing | Committee member
- B. Olsen, MD | Critical Care Medicine | Committee member
- S. Porazik-Ball, MSN, RN, CCRN-K, CPEN | Emergency Nursing Educator | Committee member
- T. Frank, RPh, CPHIMS | Pharmacy Informatics Specialist | Committee member
- S. Fagan, RN, BSN, CCRN-K | Pediatric Intensive Care Educator | Committee member
- J. Michael, DO | Evidence Based Practice Department | Committee member
- D. Porter, MSN, RN, CPN | 6 Henson Tower Nursing Director | Committee member
- J. Bartlett PhD, RN | Evidence Based Practice Department | Committee member
- Finalized date: 4/13; 4/13; 1/14; 9/14; 12/14; 12/15; 12/16/ 11/19; 7/21
- Next expected revision date: Currently under revision.
Concerns with content
If you have any questions regarding this content or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.