Care Process Models (CPMs) promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients with common or high-risk clinical conditions when national or international guidelines are not available or applicable. CPMs are informed by methodical review of scientific literature and the consensus of a multidisciplinary committee of subject matter experts and key stakeholders at Children’s Mercy Kansas City. Processes within CPMs may be specific to Children’s Mercy Kansas City and should be evaluated before applying to a different setting.
Algorithms associated with this CPM for viewing on a smartphone or computer:
Algorithms associated with this CPM for viewing as a PDF:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Patients requiring anticoagulation therapy or prophylaxis.
- Patients on ECMO, cardiac bypass pump, hemodialysis or continuous renal replacement therapy.
- Anticoagulation to maintain patency of arterial or central venous catheters.
Team members involved in the development:
- Shannon Carpenter MD, MS | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee chair
- Lauren Amos, MD | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee member
- Michael Rose, PharmD | Pharmacy | Committee member
EBP Committee Members
- Todd Glenski, MD, MSHA, FASA | Anesthesiology, Evidence Based Practice
- Jarrod Dusin, MS, RD, CPHQ | Evidence Based Practice
- Finalized date: 2016; 7/27/2018; 10/31/2019; 2/23/2022
- Next expected revision date: 2/2025
Concerns with content
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.