What is a medical home
A medical home is a clinic that serves as your child's healthcare home base.
It's important for your child to have a medical home, where he/she is seen regularly.
A medical home helps your child get well and stay well by connecting you to healthcare professionals, services, education and extra help.
A medical home provides total health care for your child, including when they are ill.
Your role as the caregiver
You know your child best.
You are the most important person on your child's healthcare team.
As part of your child's medical home, you should:
- Learn about your child's health
- Bring your child in for a Well Child Visit once a year
- Keep track of shots and other important information
- Follow your provider's recommendations. If you are unable to do so, please let us know.
- Ask questions if we are not clear. We are here to help you!
Our role as the medical home
Your care team has access to other professionals, services and technology to help us take the best care of your child.
As part of your child's medical home, we will:
- Get to know you and your child, and suggest treatments that make sense for your family.
- Respect you as an individual - we will not make judgments based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation or genetic information.
- Provide the best possible treatment and advice based on current medical evidence.
- Manage your child's health status, including well child/preventative care, treatment for acute and chronic illness.
- Help you find and coordinate care with specialists.
- Help you set goals for your family, and help you meet your goals one step at a time.
- Provide you timely access to care; often we can provide same-day or next-day visits.