The Division of Pediatric Nephrology at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics provides compassionate, high-quality care to children and teens with kidney and urinary tract disorders. Our commitment to quality care and ongoing research has helped us earn recognition as one of the top six nephrology programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report.
Our team offers specialized services ranging from treatment for bed wetting to kidney transplants. Our approach to care is supported by the latest research to ensure every patient experiences the best possible outcome. Along with seven pediatric nephrologists, the team also includes nurses, dietitians, social workers, psychologists, pharmacists, child life specialists and nephrology fellows, all of whom are among the best in their field.
- We are leading the largest pediatric nephrology research study ever conducted in North America.
- Our pediatric kidney transplant graft survival rates are above the national average.
- Our dialysis-related infection rates are routinely better than national averages.
- We provide specialized treatment to support the psycho-social needs of teens and adolescents.
- Our full range of dialysis services includes one of the only pediatric home hemodialysis programs in the U.S.