Clinical Pathways promote evidence-based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by a methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Patient with sickle cell disease presents with signs/symptoms of suspected stroke.
Committee members involved in the development:
- N. Tabassum Iqbal MD | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee chair
- M. Files MD | Neurology | Committee member
- R. Khalid MD | Neurology | Committee member
- M. Sharma MD, MPH | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee member
- J. Rilinger MD | Critical Care Medicine | Committee member
- J. Flint MD | Critical Care Medicine | Committee member
- C. Tarantino MD | Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- V. McDougall Kestner MD | Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- J. Bartlett PhD, RN | Evidence Based Practice | Committee member
- Finalized date: Aug. 30, 2018; June 2021
- Next expected revision date: June 2024
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.