Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
- Bilateral frontal or occipital headache that worsens in the upright position and improves in the supine position.
- Nausea, dizziness, neck pain, visual changes and occasionally tinnitus.
- Hearing loss or radicular symptoms into the arms.
- Symptoms, especially headache, may also be worse with coughing and Valsalva maneuver, even in the supine position.
Team members involved in the development:
- A. Booser MD | Anesthesiology | Committee co-chair
- A. Morel MD | Anesthesiology | Committee co-chair
- E. Scott DO | Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- S. Jain MD | Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- T. Glenski MD | Evidence Based Practice Department & Anesthesiology | Committee member
- J. Bartlett PhD, RN | Evidence Based Practice Department | Committee member
- Finalized date: Dec. 6, 2021
- Next expected revision date: December 2024
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email email@example.com.