Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
The Newly Diagnosed Solid Tumor (Diagnostic Management) Synopsis provides a high-level overview of the care standards employed for this Clinical Pathway.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria:
- Patients with suspected malignant or newly diagnosed solid tumor in an extremity, renal, suprarenal, liver, retroperitoneal, abdominal (not otherwise specified), thoracic, ovarian/uterine, and testicular locations
- Patients with suspected anterior mediastinal mass
Committee members involved in the development:
- Joel Thompson, MD | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee Chair
- Bhargava Mullapudi, MD | Transplant Surgery | Committee Member
- Kris Laurence, BHS, CCRP | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee Member
- Lindsey Fricke, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, CPHON | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee Member
- Brenton Reading, MD | Radiology| Committee Member
- John Krumme, MD | Orthopedic Surgery | Committee Member
- Melissa A. H. Gener, MD, FCAP | Pathology and Laboratory Medicine | Committee Member
- Eugenio Taboada, MD, FCAP | Pathology and Laboratory Medicine | Committee Member
- Ashli Lawson, MD | Gynecology | Committee Member
- Joel Koenig, MD | Urology | Committee Member
EBP Committee Members:
- Todd Glenski, MD, MSHA, FASA | Anesthesiology, Evidence Based Practice | Committee Member
- Jarrod Dusin, MS, RD, LD, CPHQ | Evidence Based Practice | Committee Member
- Finalized date: 11/2022
- Next expected revision date: 11/2025
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.