Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) pathways promote an evidence based, multidisciplinary approach to patient care aimed at facilitating faster recovery from surgery, decreasing hospital length of stay, and minimizing post-operative complications. From scheduling through discharge, all phases of perioperative care are incorporated into ERAS pathways.
The Gastric Sleeve Synopsis provides a high-level overview of the care standards employed for this ERAS.
Algorithms associated with this ERAS:
Additional tools associated with this ERAS:
- All patients undergoing a gastric sleeve procedure.
Committee members involved in the development:
- Jason Fraser, MD, FACS, FAAP | Department of Pediatric Surgery | Committee Co-Chair
- Christian Taylor, MD | Department of Anesthesiology | Committee Co-Chair
- Azita Roberson, MSN, RN, CPN, APRN, FNP-C | Department of Anesthesiology | Committee Member
- Stephanie Crandon, BSN, RN, CPN | Quality Improvement Program Coordinator 4 West| Committee Member
- Stephanie Otis, MSN, RN, CPEN | Surgery | Committee Member
- Michelle Beisly, MSN, RN, CPN | Education Coordinator II 4 West | Committee
- Todd Glenski, MD, MSHA, FASA |Department of Evidence Based Practice & Department of Anesthesiology
- Andrea Melanson, OTD, OTR/L | Department of Evidence Based Practice
- Finalized date: October 2021
- Revised date: January 2023
- Next expected revision date: January 2024
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email: email@example.com.