Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria:
- Inclusion: Patients suspected to have a foreign body in their airway.
- Exclusion: Patients without a suspected airway foreign body.
Committee members involved in the development:
- Doug Rivard DO | Medical Chairman, Radiology | Committee chair
- Jennifer Johnson MD, FAAP | Director, Division of Urgent Care | Committee member
- Lisa Schroeder MD | Chief Medical Quality and Safety Officer | Committee member
- Bob Weatherly MD | Section Chief ENT | Committee Member
- Samantha Cornell APRN | ENT | Committee Member
- Tolulope Oyetunji MD, MPH | Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgeon | Committee member
- Christopher Oermann MD | Division Director, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine | Committee member
- Joan Giovanni MD | Interim Division Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- Todd Glenski MD, MSHA, FASA | Anesthesiology & Evidence Based Practice Medical Co-Director | Committee member
- Jacqueline (Jackie) Bartlett PhD, RN | Director, Evidence Based Practice | Committee member
- Finalized/Revised: January 2020; February 2022
- Next expected revision date: February 2025
Concerns with content:
If you have any question regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email: email@example.com.