Children’s Mercy knows how comforting it is for children who need to stay overnight in the hospital for any length of time to have their parents/legal guardians close by. We welcome families as partners in their child’s care.
We've outlined guidelines to ensure patients and families have the best possible experience during their stay.
- Parents and guardians are welcome to be with their child 24 hours a day.
- Up to two parents, legal guardians, or authorized adults may stay overnight in the patient's room.
- Everyone must be screened for illness before visiting any inpatient unit.
- During times of high risk for infection, there may be some changes in the visitor policy. Effective Wednesday, January 18, visitors (including siblings) 12 years old and younger will not be permitted to visit inpatient units due to a continued increase in respiratory viruses.
- Any special considerations will be documented in the patient’s medical record.
We will not deny visitation privileges based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, culture, size, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socioeconomic status, physical or mental ability or disability.