Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics knows how comforting it is for children who need to stay overnight in the hospital for any length of time to have their parents/legal guardians close by.
That’s why we've outlined guidelines to ensure patients and families have the best possible experience during their stay.
During the orientation to the unit, the Visitation Policy will be explained to the parents/legal guardians. The form will be labeled with a patient identification sticker and placed in the patient’s medical record.
The policy includes:
- Up to two parents or legal guardians may stay with their children 24 hours a day
- Parents or legal guardians may sleep in the patient's room
- No more than two parents or authorized adults may stay overnight in the patient’s room
- Accommodations for two parents or authorized overnight visitors are available in single occupancy (private) rooms.
- Any special considerations will be documented in the patient’s medical record
We will not deny visitation privileges based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, culture, size, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socioeconomic status, physical or mental ability or disability.