All applicants to the Pediatric Optometry Fellowship Program at Children's Mercy Kansas City must complete and return application materials by February 1st. Supporting documents should be submitted to Dr. Timothy Hug via email or through traditional mail.
This program uses the Optometry Residency Match (ORMatch). Applicants must complete the application and forward it as directed in the application process. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all supporting documentation is submitted. More information about the matching process can be found at www.natmatch.com/ormatch/.
- Have earned an O.D. degree or will have earned such a degree by the time of matriculation from a school/college of optometry accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education
- Furnish an official transcript from his/her school/college of optometry. An applicant shall have a cumulative grade point average greater than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the professional optometric curriculum
- Pass all parts of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry examinations required for Missouri license. If accepted, the resident is expected to obtain a Missouri optometry license
- Provide three letters of recommendation from faculty members who have been most responsible for the clinical education of the applicant
- Provide a brief letter of interest stating reasons for applying to this program
- Provide a curriculum vitae
These application materials should be sent to Dr. Timothy Hug before the application deadline.
A personal interview will be required, however all applicants may not be granted an interview.
Children's Mercy affirms that all residency candidates will be evaluated without regard to sex, race, color, creed, national origin or disabilities.