Children's Mercy operates the only
designated Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and the only burn unit
devoted exclusively to pediatric patients between St. Louis and
Burn and Trauma Staff
The Burn and Trauma Staff includes board-certified surgeons, a wide variety of
specialists, subspecialists and ancillary services,
all available 24 hours per day. Our outcomes for
pediatric trauma patients are above the national average.
A Multidisciplinary Approach
Our team offers a full range of burn and trauma services, from initial treatment to post-discharge follow-up. Staff includes:
- Surgeons, nurse practitioners, and nursing staff who are specialists in burn care.
- Physical therapists and occupational therapists who monitor exercises and positioning.
- Nutritionists who minimize weight loss and oversee dietary needs to promote healing.
- Child life specialists who provide emotional support.
- Social workers who facilitate support throughout the community.