Benefits and Salary
|Year||Salaries||Annual Education Stipend|
All residents enjoy four weeks of vacation and meeting time per year. *Special holiday scheduling includes additional time off over either New Year's or Christmas. Residents accrue one day of paid time off per month to be used for any absence due to illness.
Insurance premiums for Children’s Mercy-employed residents are paid in full by the residency program for residents and any dependents. This includes insurance plan coverage for individual and family health, dental, basic life, short- and long-term disability, malpractice and liability insurance. Optional vision, partner life, child life and short-term disability are also available for purchase.
Residents are eligible to participate in flexible spending accounts, which can be used to pay for child-care costs, non-covered medical expenses and medical deductibles.
- Paid orientation
- $500 towards Pediatric Boards
- Step III USMLE/COMLEX fee paid - one time
- International elective stipends
- Free covered, on-site parking
- Housestaff lounge with flat-screen TV, kitchen, classroom and library
- Membership dues to the American Academy of Pediatrics
- MedStudy and Laughing Your Way to Passing the Pediatric Boards books provided
- $2,250 per year towards travel related to presenting scholarly activity or to cover board review courses
- Catered lunches
- Moving allowance of $500 from outside the Kansas City metro area (subject to taxes)
- Annual resident retreats
- Individual call rooms
- Allocated call money for meals during call shifts
- Discounted tickets to community attractions including movie theaters, amusement parks, bus passes, etc.
- Pediatric Residency Program
- Clinical Experience
- Conferences and Events
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Apply
- Meet the Residents
- Program Leadership
- Research Experiences
- Resident and Fellow Wellness
- Resident Life
- Salaries and Benefits
- Unique Experiences
- Why Kansas City?