The Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program at Children's Mercy develops pediatricians into excellent pediatric infectious diseases clinicians, educators and researchers. During the three-year fellowship, trainees will develop experience with a wide variety of both general and immunocompromised infectious diseases pathology and undertake a scholarly project resulting in a conference presentation and a publishable manuscript. Fellows supplement their clinical activities through experiences with antibiotic stewardship, infection control and prevention, and the microbiology laboratory as well as regular clinical and educational conferences.
Our experienced physicians are nationally recognized in pediatric infectious diseases and translational and clinical research, including host-pathogen defense, pharmacokinetics, vaccine and therapeutic clinical trials, infectious diseases epidemiology, antimicrobial and diagnostic stewardship, quality improvement, and outcomes research.
- Strong mentorship from 15 pediatric infectious diseases physicians.
- Dedicated training in both general and immunocompromised infectious diseases.
- Subspecialty clinical experience in HIV, travel medicine, international adoption and antibiotic allergy delabeling.
- One of the oldest pediatric antimicrobial stewardship programs.
- Opportunities for advanced training in public health, bioinformatics, health professions education, and clinical research.
- Regional referral center with 40 pediatric specialties.