Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
The Hypertension: Inpatient synopsis provides a high level overview of the care standards employed for this Clinical Pathway.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- ≥ 1 year of age
- No prior diagnosed of hypertension
- Currently admitted to a medical inpatient unit
- < 1 year of age
- Admitted to a surgical service or intensive care unit
Committee members involved in the Clinical Pathway development:
- D. Blowey, MD | Nephrology Division | Committee Leader
- A. Felton-Church, MD, FAAP | Hospital Medicine | Committee member
- C. Cutburth, RN | Nursing Department Director of 5 Henson Hall Tower | Committee member
- N. Beins, MD, MHPE | Nephrology Division | Committee member
EBP Team Members:
- K. Berg, MD, FAAP | Hospitalist, Evidence Based Practice
- J. Dusin, MS, RD, LD, CPHQ | Evidence Based Practice
- Finalized date: March 2023
- Next expected revision date: March 2026
Concerns with content:
If you have any question regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email email@example.com.