Children’s Mercy is dedicated to supporting team members’ physical, social, emotional and mental wellbeing.
The Center for Wellbeing works to:
- Elevate meaningful work and reduce non-meaningful work.
- Improve a sense of community among team members.
- Integrate a culture of wellbeing and belonging.
- Offer mindfulness-based stress reduction classes and daily Mindful Moments to help develop healthy coping skills.
- Provide onsite responsive support interventions to individuals and teams impacted by traumatic experiences.
- Conduct research to identify and share best practices for improving wellbeing for health care workers.
The Take CARE Wellbeing Program offers:
- Onsite health coaching.
- Onsite clinic and pharmacy including preventive, primary and urgent care, physical therapy, nutrition counseling and behavioral health services.
- Onsite fitness center and discounts to area gyms.
- A program that allows you to earn funds for your health savings or health reimbursement account when you complete wellbeing activities.
- An employee assistance program that includes free counseling and access to other resources.
- Onsite chair massages.