Pediatric Ethics Fellowship
Children’s Mercy is one of the country’s premiere free-standing independent pediatric medical centers. We are consistently ranked among the leading children’s hospitals in the nation and take pride in providing pediatric medical education to the next generation of physicians and nurses.
- The centerpiece of the one-year fellowship will be a mentored research project on an ethical issue in pediatrics.
- Fellows will participate in the Pediatric Bioethics Certificate Program.
- Life in Kansas City includes world-class jazz, even better barbecue, more fountains than any city in the world other than Rome, multiple arts venues, and the famous Plaza Lights!
Salaries and benefits
- PGY 4: $73,104.03
- PGY 5: $74,983.71
- PGY 6: $77,302.28
- PGY 7: $79,636.38
- PGY 8: $83,262.40
- PGY 9: $85,342.40
- PGY 10: $87,049.25
Benefits for fellows
- $1,500 Educational stipend per academic year for books, travel and other educational materials
- $2,250 Professional stipend for academic year to present scholarly activity
- Health and dental insurance for trainee and dependents with no premiums
- Hospital-issued iPad
- Free parking
- Moving allowance
- 20 days of vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid board exam
- Access to clinical and research librarians, statisticians, scientific writers and learning specialists
- Tuition allowance of $5,250 per year
- On-site fitness center and wellness center
Fellows learn from world-class faculty at the Children’s Mercy Bioethics Center and have the opportunity to participate in the clinical, educational, and research activities. Learn more about the curriculum, including didactics, courses, and workshops.
We work with clinicians and families to identify ethical dilemmas and respond to them. We teach others through publications in medical journals, through presentations at national and international meetings and through the nation’s first certificate program in pediatric bioethics.
Faculty and fellows
Fellows work alongside faculty from the Children’s Mercy Bioethics Center.
Learn about the research opportunities and focuses offered during this fellowship.
Apply for the program
Learn how to apply for this fellowship and begin the application process.
Our Pediatric Ethics Fellowship team
Jeremy Garrett, PhD
Johnae Sawyer, MHA