Pediatric infectious diseases fellows, attendings, APRNs, pharmacists, and rotating residents and medical students attend divisional conferences.
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal Club
- Monthly journal club with article presentation and discussion by a fellow or faculty with a professionalism vignette at the end of every conference which encourages discussion
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Research Conference
- Monthly conference with focused presentation by a fellow or faculty regarding ongoing research projects, which allows for brainstorming research ideas and to receive feedback for upcoming presentations.
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Immunocompromised Didactics
Case Management Conference
- Weekly conference to discuss patients on the inpatient clinical consult service, interesting outpatient consults, and challenging cases.
Microbiology Plate Rounds
- Monthly conference with the microbiology laboratory team to review viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic pathogens from clinical service cases.
Kansas City Infectious Disease Society (KCIDS)
- Monthly case-based conference with both adult and pediatric infectious diseases presentations by faculty and fellows from various hospitals and universities from across the city.