Pediatric Infectious Diseases Conferences
- In addition to pediatric infectious diseases fellows, division members attend conferences, including faculty, APRNs, pharmacists, and rotating residents and medical students.
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal Club
- Monthly journal club with article presentation and discussion by a fellow or faculty with a professionalism vignette at the end of every conference which encourages discussion
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Research Conference
- Monthly conference with focused presentation by a fellow or faculty regarding ongoing research projects, which allows for brainstorming research ideas and to receive critique for upcoming presentations.
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Didactics
- Weekly didactic conference highlighting specific ABP content specifications presented by a fellow, ID faculty, or faculty from other specialties. Board review using PREP questions and fellow-written questions is also included in this time.
Case Management Conference
- Weekly conference to discuss patients on the clinical consult service, interesting outpatient consults, and challenging cases.
Microbiology Plate Rounds
- Monthly conference with the microbiology laboratory team to review viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic pathogens from clinical service cases.
Kansas City Infectious Disease Society (KCIDS)
- Monthly case-based conference with both adult and pediatric infectious diseases presentations by faculty and fellows from various hospitals and universities from across the city.