The Ward Family Center at Children’s Mercy Kansas City is a high-volume center offering the region's most comprehensive care from birth to young adulthood for patients with congenital and acquired heart disease. Our center offers outstanding clinical facilities and research training opportunities. The team includes:
- 28 board-certified pediatric cardiologists
- 4 congenital cardiothoracic surgeons and a congenital cardiac surgery fellow
- 31 advanced practice nurses
- Exercise laboratory with 2 doctoral and 1 masters level exercise physiologists
- Thrive program offering multidisciplinary psychosocial support from social work, psychology, child life, music therapy, financial counseling, chaplaincy, and palliative care
- Dedicated cardiac nutrition support
The Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship program is a three-year training experience dedicated to promoting the fellows' expertise through outstanding clinical, academic, investigative and administrative instruction. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to ensuring fellows receive the highest-quality training as they prepare for a successful clinical practice. Our fellowship ensures:
- Fellows will develop clinical knowledge of normal and abnormal cardiovascular conditions.
- Dedicated research objectives will teach fellows the methodology for meaningful scientific investigation.
- Fellows will become proficient in invasive and noninvasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- The program provides vast opportunities to learn optimal clinical care and consultation for pediatric patients with cardiovascular disease.